Re: commit: ifdef'd code for win32 drawing of number for top ruler

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 08:44:58 CET

> Different code for windows behind an #ifdef WIN32 for drawing topruler
> nu\mbers
>
> We should fix either the unix or windows graphics class to remove this.
>
> It looks like the unix code uses the ascent as an offset if there are no
> pchar
> widths whereas windows uses the font height.

It looks to me like Unix positions text relative to baseline while
win32 relative to the bottom of the character cells (this might be
difference in our code or in the system APIs; haven't had time to
investigate this).

For now, could the Mac folk check which version of the ruler code
works for them and adjust the #ifdef if needed?

Tomas