problem with assert implementation

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 11:40:37 CET

I found a problem with the win32 assert implementation; it is
described in 7936, but basically the function that is responsible for
creating the win32 assert message box corrupts memory.

I suspect the particular case is triggered by the assert argument
being rather lengthy, but am not sure about that.

Does anybody know if it is possible to use a plain text-based assert
with win32?

Tomas
(This, of course, only effects the debug builds, so it has no bearing
on the release)