Intent to work on AbiWord WordPerfect filter again..

From: <william.lachance_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 23:08:43 CET

As some of you know, I've been working over the past month or so to make libwpd simpler, more maintainable, and more abi/api stable in its upcoming 0.8.0 incarnation. Thus far, I've been working on this mostly in relation to WriterPerfect/OpenOffice.org.

This is not to say that I've forgotten about Abi (I've always had a copy of ie_imp_WordPerfect.cpp open in my editor while I've been making these changes), but the AbiWord WordPerfect filter will definitely need to be updated quite a bit after my work on libwpd is done. Since I'm the one making the mess, I think it's only fair and sensible that I should shoulder this burden. :-) I probably won't get to this for another two weeks, but I thought I'd give the heads up to reduce duplicated effort..

Cheers,

William Lachance
william.lachance@sympatico.ca