Re: Menu configuration

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 19:58:21 CET

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Pablo León wrote:

> Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:49:32 +0100
> From: "[ISO-8859-1] Pablo León" <pablo.leon@horus.es>
> To: abiword-dev@abisource.com
> Subject: Menu configuration
>

> Hi all!
>
> I'm involved in a proyect that will use abiword as a text processor for
> a document management system. For that purpose I should limit the
> actions the user can perform. Is there a way to configure (or disable)
> abiword's menu items? If not, what do you think is the best way to
> acomplish this?
>
> Also, the ability to include protected text (aka external fields) would
> be nice for this proyect. Any suggestion on how to achieve this?

Start by looking at Lock Styles:

View,
  Enable Formatting Tools

This will prevent users from changing documents except by using predefined
styles.

With more specific detail of what menu items in particular you wish to
diable and why there might be other answers we can give.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Free SVG Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org