commit: Re: lost w/o map in layout code

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 23:46:15 CEST

> I think this is a bug, but I don't know, and certainly wouldn't know
> how to fix it, so please please help me...
>
> Line 1025 of fp_Line.cpp [in void fp_Line::clearScreen(void)]:
>
> UT_sint32 iExtra = getGraphics()->getFontAscent()/2;
>
> getFontAscent assumes there is a font and queries it for size, but
> there isn't necessarily a font so I'm segfaulting :-(
>
> Steps to reproduce (for CocoaAbi, anyway):
>
> 1. copy some plain text in a terminal
> 2. start abi
> 3. edit->paste

HI Frank,
          My appologies I just put that code in yesterdsay w/o thinking
through the ramifications.

CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fp_Line.cpp
Quick fix for abicocoa until I think of something better.

I've just commented out out the line and iExtra = 0 until I can think of a
better solution.