commit (head)

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 20:33:11 CEST

gr_Win32Graphics.h/cpp: handling of exceptions in GR_Win32Font
constructor, log font exceptions using XAP_Prefs::log() -- I am
hoping this might throw some light on 7610, which affects the release
build only.

gr_Win32USPGraphics.cpp: changed the usp_exception class and added
usp exception logging.

ap_Win32App.cpp: modified the catch(...) handler to (1) try to save
the prefs (in order to preserve any log entries) (2) added try/catch
block inside the backup loop so that if backing up of one file fails,
we still get a stab at saving any other open documents.

gr_Graphics.cpp: do not insert NULL font pointers into font cache.

fv_View.cpp: avoid dereferrencing NULL pointer.

fp_Run.h/cpp: I have relegated the m_iFontAllocNo back to the DEBUG
build only (I would prefer no to remove it though; we have had some
weird stuff happening on win32 once before caused by reallocated font
pointers and it was extremely hard to track down).

I hope the exception stuff does not screw things up for non-MSVC
compilers, but hopefull <stdexcpt.h> should be fairly std.

Tomas