The Final stretch to 2.2

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 14:03:19 CEST

Hi Folks,
         Thanks to everyone. You've all done an amazing job of finding and
fixing bugs. AbiWord-2.2 will be a really nice program. We still
have a few more things we need to get done for 2.2

We have around 40 bugs listed as critical for fixing for 2.2 I thinkwe can
live with some of these for 2.2.0 but of course it would be great to get
these fixed.

In addition to these I believe there are a few features we need to
implement before 2.2 can be released.

There are:

1. Export TOC to RTF.
2. Import Text boxes from RTF.
3. Paste Text boxes from RTF.
4. (Maybe) import TOC's from RTF.

The rationale for this is that AbiWord has always at least attempted to
round trip it's features to RTF. Right now these do not work at all. I
think we need to get these implemented before we can release 2.2

In addtion Windows is still lacking the following features.

5. Finish Windows TOC dialog.
6. Implement new improved image dialog for Windows.
7. Implement Text folding dialog for Windows.

Finally it would be great to have a 2.1.99 beta release sometime Real Soon
Now. UnfortunateLY cannot spare the time to do this. It would be great of
someone could volenteer their time to get 2.1.99 out.