Re: Debian, AbiWord, and Trademarks

From: Andy Korvemaker <lists.abiword_at_akorvemaker.fastmail.fm>
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 00:45:49 CEST

Hi Dom,

> I'm not sure whether you're looking for trouble or
> if you're just being proactive.

Sorry if I came across the wrong way. I had absolutely no intention of
ruffling any feathers or stirring up any sort of trouble.

I'm simply an AbiWord and Debian user. I follow the AbiWord lists a
little, and skim the Debian Weekly News. I noticed this issue was
mentioned in DWN and thought it may be good for the AbiWord developers
to be aware that the discussion was going on.

I'm not really sure what the debian-legal people are considering, though
when I glanced at the discussion it looked like it was starting to turn
into more of a generic "what impact (if any) do trademark restrictions
have on Debian?" sort of thing. Prior to following the link in today's
DWN I don't think I've ever looked at the debian-legal list before.

andy

--
Andy Korvemaker