commit (head): 7610

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 21:56:50 CEST

This is another stab at 7610. The outstanding problem is actually
quite different than the original bug. It is the old problem of font
scaling; the win32 zoom is implemented by changing the size of the
font we request from the system, which results in non-linear scaling
of the widths. What I have done is to measure the font widths always
with a 100% resolution and then scaling them for our zoom. This
ensures that we get identical layout at all zooms, but because the
character advances we now use for the drawing do not match those for
the font if we are at other zoom than 100%, it does not look that
pretty. This fix is far from ideal, but is forced by bad desing. I am
planing to revisit the whole question of zoom once 2.2 is out of the
way.

Tomas

files: gr_Win32Graphics.h/cpp. gr_Win32USPGraphics.h/cpp