Re: Video Tutorials and marketing.

From: Rui Miguel Seabra <rms_at_1407.org>
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 18:30:57 CEST

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 14:20 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> I cant help thinking there has to be a more appropriate codec for this
> kind of thing than MPEG 4, just as we use PNG instead of JPEG for
> screenshots it seems strange not to have a better codec for Animation and
> cartoons. (I'm sure one could generate some extremely compact MNG files
> that simulated the features but that would probably be a horrendous waste
> of time).

MNG is supposed to be a beast, not very widely supported, and there's a
rumour of a better replacement already.

May I be so bold as to say theora?
It's the best Free Software codec available on GNU/Linux and Windows (at
the very least HelixPlayer and RealAudio, but more like mplayer also do
support it!).

Rui

+ So let's do it...?