Re: Collaborative plugin

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 04:16:38 CEST

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 08:51, Michael McCabe wrote:
> Hi all
> I'm interested in starting a Abiword plugin that will act like Apple's
> Hydra and will allow collaborative editing. I was wondering if anyone
> else had started this. I was also asking for advice on which
> implementation would be easiest, I was thinking about using the perl
> bindings or using c++.

Ah finally a use for the *networked* bonobo out of processes component!

Work out how to attach the bonobo compoenent to an existing document and
have fun stopping each user from stepping on each others toes :-)

Download the AbiWord sdk to get started with the AbiWord bonobo
component.

If you don't use the bonobo compoent you'll end up reinventing it.

Good Luck!

Feel free to ask questions.