Re: patch for #4293

From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 21:48:24 CEST

> Just a short notice: sprintf() should be banned.
> snprintf() should be
> used instead (g_snprintf() is OK in UNIX only code).

I agree that sprintf() should be banned. IIRC, I
removed almost all instances of strcat() and some
instances of sprintf() from our codebase.
UT_UTF8String and UT_UTF8String_sprintf() should be
used instead anyway.

IIRC, snprintf() is part of the C99 standard, and
wasn't available for all of our intended platforms. I
think that Windows might be one of those platforms.