Re: abimathview on Fedora Core 4

From: Jean Bréfort <jean.brefort_at_normalesup.org>
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 12:03:29 CEST

Le dimanche 31 juillet 2005 à 00:08 +1000,
msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au a écrit :

> > On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 09:19 +1000, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
> >> Hi Everyone,
> >> Since upgrading to Fedora Core 4 I have been unable to build
> >> the abimathview plugin.
> >>
> >> GtkMathView from CVS builds, links and installs fine.
> >>
> >> However abimathview requires libxml2.la which is not provided by FC4.
> >>
> >> So I was wondering if we could somehow modify the build script to make
> >> it
> >> link in libxml2.so or to find some other solution.
> >>
> >> Has anyone else had this trouble? Is there another solution?
> >
> > Works fine here... do you have libxml2-devel installed?
> >

> I thought so, but since it works on your machine maybe not.
>
> I'll check.
>
> Thanks for the heads up!
>
> Martin
>
> > Marc

I have another problem with the abimathview plugin (on gentoo).
configure tells me that gtkmathview is not installed while I have 0.7.1
and the requirement is >= 0.7.0
I could trace the problem to the pc files provided by gtkmathview.
configure tests for mathview-libxml2.pc, while recent versions (0.7.1 at
least) install mathview-frontend-libxml2.pc
I edited plugin.m4 and now, compilation fails with:

AbiMathView.cpp: In member function `virtual UT_sint32
GR_MathManager::_makeMathView()':
AbiMathView.cpp:635: error: no matching function for call to
`libxml2_MathView::create(SmartPtr<AbstractLogger>&)'
/usr/local/include/gtkmathview/MathView/libxml2_MathView.hh:37: note:
candidates are: static SmartPtr<libxml2_MathView>
libxml2_MathView::create()
make[3]: *** [AbiMathView.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/jean/projects/abiword/abiword-plugins/tools/abimathview/xp'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/jean/projects/abiword/abiword-plugins/tools/abimathview'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/jean/projects/abiword/abiword-plugins/tools'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Cheers,
Jean

--