Re: How close to a working NSIS installer for link-grammar and

From: <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 03:48:02 CEST

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote on 08/11/2005, 03:50:10 PM:

> Hi Folks,
> How close are we having a a working NSIS installer for
> link-grammar and AbiMathview?
>
> We need this to make the 2.3.5 release.
>

> Cheers
>
> Martin

We have one, more or less. The last CVS I built from a
not-terrifically-clean checkout (about a week ago) did include a
symbol conflict when loading the mathview plugin, but I suspect that's
just a weird Windowsism with that particular checkout. As for NSIS
support, I have sent uwog the patch (via blueant) to add it to our
scripts - it worked for me successfully and once he reviews it (since
he had done some NSIS stuff, I thought this the best and easiest course
of action), anybody should be able to follow my (preliminary but
complete) instructions to build at http://www.abisource.com/~rp/ or
http://www.abisource.com/~rp/index.abw for the nicely-formatted
original.

The video card in my main system failed and is on RMA - it should be
replaced within a few days. When it comes back I will be ready to
build 2.3.5. If anybody knows a nice way to run Windows headlessly (as
in, no video card even) and remotely, you can get it sooner. Since
it's PCI-Express, I have no spare to swap in.

Hope this helps (and explains my late response - my mailing lists are
combined with bugzilla spam in a 20-email-at-a-time webmail that
strongly disincentivizes staying up to date).

--
Ryan Pavlik