Re: [pavlik to poogimmal]

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 12:47:55 CEST

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, r coyne wrote:

> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:01:40 -0700 (PDT)
> From: r coyne <duckingsnofair@yahoo.com>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana@maths.tcd.ie>
> Subject: Re: [pavlik to poogimmal]
>
> Thanks. I'd been hoping to get around to checking
> these both myself and reporting to the list, but I've
> been too tied up with other things. I'll be very
> grateful to hear about 2.3 when you get to it. I seem
> to recall Ryan saying that the current version of his
> installer dates only from 2.3.4, so the latest
> versions may indeed be different.
>

> --- Alan Horkan <horkana@maths.tcd.ie> wrote:
>

> > > Ryan's remark startled me into responding, partly
> > > because I too recalled that in some much earlier
> > > version it was *not* necessary to be
> > administrative to
> > > install, and I was upset to hear (as I thought)
> > that
> > > this had changed for the worse.
> >
> > Checked version 2.2.9 and was still able to install
> > it as a non-privileged
> > user, will check version 2.3 later.

Checked version 2.3.5 installed as expected.

Far as I can tell we are doing things as best we can and doing them the
right way. Not much we can do about the oddities and flaws of Microsoft
Media without clearer and more detailed explanations.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Abiword http://www.abisource.com