Re: GtkMathView & CocoaAbi

From: Francis James Franklin <postmaster_at_alinameridon.plus.com>
Date: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 08:19:09 CEST

On 29 Aug 2005, at 00:29, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
>> I'm a little uncertain about how to do this since Fink doesn't provide
>> gtkmathview. The tar-balls which I link to do contain gtkmathview,
>> however.
>>

> I'll think about it then. But that annoys me completely.
>
> What is the reason for which we have to do that? At second thaught, I
> don't think it is a good idea.

The problem is that when gtkmathview is linked only against the plug-in
and not the executable, the dynamic linker has problems during loading
the plug-in and hangs (I think) while doing construction of static
variables. Now, maybe there is a way to fix gtkmathview so that this
doesn't happen...?

It annoys me also. However, at the moment we have the choice of
ditching math support or requiring AbiWord to link directly to
gtkmathview.

>> ps. gtkmathview does not build on OS X 10.2.
>
> Then we have a big issue.

Not really. It works fine on 10.2, it just doesn't build. I built it on
10.3 and tested it on 10.2.

Frank