MathView

From: Francis James Franklin <postmaster_at_alinameridon.plus.com>
Date: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 11:53:57 CEST

Hi Y'All,

(Thanks Luca. Things on my end improving.)

*** Important UNIX & Win32 ***

luca, tf & I have been looking at glyphBox() and gr_Abi_CharArea.cpp

The UNIX implementation of glyphBox() seems to use a fixed size of font
(i.e., cache size, 120) to calculate the bounding box of the glyph and
doesn't return layout units. The plug-in therefore does some weird
scaling using measureUnremappedChar() methods to compensate. The Win32
implementation of glyphBox() is understandably confused.

Occam would be slitting his wrists by this point.

Bemused, Frank

On 29 Aug 2005, at 08:27, Luca Padovani wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 22:38 +0100, Francis James Franklin wrote:
>> Okay, much better now, though still not there...
>
> clearly the metrics for the various glyphs are wrong (or at least
> scaled
> incorrectly). And I don't see the fraction bars either. Attached is the
> same MathML equation as I see it on Linux.
>
> Does the MacOSX backend have a different way of scaling lenghts?

CocoaAbi-MathView.png