RE: What's wrong with my AbiCommand?

From: Tech Support <message_at_ptd.net>
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 00:47:20 CET

I'm using 2.4.1

I am using RedHat linux DUAL pentium with kernel 2.6.9

It's a webhosting server, so I don't use a monitor, no do I have an access
to the monitor. Every command I run through ssh.

I setup a DISPLAY variable like this:
# DISPLAY=localhost:1.0
# export DISPLAY

It points to running Xvfb server with 1024x768x16 monitor setting.

I tried without Xvfb before, but it complained with message similar to "No
DISPLAY. Is this what you want?"

It does not complain now.

I just don't know why it crashes on the 'new' command.

Actuall using just abiword --to=html and evern --to=pdf works fine and
relatively fast. At first I did not have pdf support, but then I installed
xpdf and poppler libs and now it works with --to=pdf