Re: commit: Fix 7991

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 11:32:21 CET

Hi Robert,

As I indicated to you on the IRC I have concerns about this fix. The
orginal code already had a test for the presence of a block via the
m_bInPara flag. The problem clearly is that in the given case that flag
was set without a block being in place (i.e., it was most likely not
reset at some point where it should have been).

My concern is that this fix does not deal with the primary reason for
the crash which will eventually cause crashes in other places. Pretty
much anything we insert into a document has to be preceeded by a block,
so this fix deals with just one special case; at the sime time I do not
want to call _ensureInBlock() function every time we at present check
the m_bInPara flag for performance reasons. What needs to be done in the
first instance is to find out where that flag is set from, and how we
get from that place to the place where we try to insert our image.

While I apprecite the work you put into it, I think this should be
reveted and the bug reopened.

Tomas