Re: 2.4 feature list [svg]

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 18:24:42 CET

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:

>>>If you want this native, then i think it won't be in AbiWord before
>>>version 4.8
>>>

>>We really need that feature. This is why it hasn't been done yet. We
>>can't do it half wrong.
>>

> In that case we must use librsvg and all it's dependencies on all platforms.
>
> The alternative is rewrite it which is totally stupid.
>
> Can we get agreement to include librsvg and all it's dependencies for all
> platforms?

I am somewhat uneasy about the dependencies if it is to be for AW as a
whole, there is quite a lot of them. I would prefer it as a plugin in
the first instance, with a dummy SVG handler built into AW, which would
just render a small box in place of the graphics, saying: get the
plugin. But I agree with Hub, that this should be be *nix only.

Tomas