Re: Generic Embeddable plugins.

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 19:29:34 CET

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 08:34 +0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> Sounds good Martin. I have two suggestions:
>
> (1) Allow jpg snapshots alongside png and svg (once fjf implements the
> jpg storage in documents). JPG is more suitable for some things than
> PNG, and the plugin designer should have the option to provide JPG if
> she knows that preferable. I suggest each plugin should provide
> getSnapshotType() method, with return value based on or-able enum for
> the types: some plugins might return PNG | JPG | SVG, some just JPG, etc.

For JPEG, I thought we discussed that back sometime a couple of years
ago when I wrote the JPG importer. Apparently one don't want to depend
on JPEG loading.
I still think it is a good idea to let JPEG stay as JPEG. JPEG loading
is standard feature in any of the platform we support. We don't even
need to depend on libjpeg.

Hub

--
Crazy French - http://www.figuiere.net/hub/