Re: comit: ABI_MATH Luca's crash in gr_Abi_MathView

From: Luca Padovani <lpadovan_at_cs.unibo.it>
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 09:00:06 CET

Hello Martin,

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 09:32 +1100, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
> I suspect I'm having trouble with different versions of gtkmathview being
> picked up or by not configuringing gtkmathview correctly.

For the record, this is the magic configure line for gtkmathview:

./configure --disable-boxml --disable-gmetadom --disable-libxml2-reader
--disable-custom-reader --enable-pipe

possibly followed by

--prefix=<path>

in case you want to install it somewhere special other than /usr/local.

None of those options is actually required, they only make the
compilation faster.

Any library installed by gtkmathview (there are quite a lot if you
enable every option) is in <path>/lib and has "mathview" in the name,
which you can use for scanning your installation directory. In
particular, make sure no older version of the library (with version
0.6.x, x < 5) is still present.

Any header file installed by gtkmathview is in
<path>/include/gtkmathview. Althought not critical at runtime, you might
want to wipe out that directory in case there are left overs from the
previous versions (the set of installed header files has changed a
little)

After your fix AbiWord doesn't crash on exit any longer. Great!

Let me know of any problem.

Cheers,
--luca