Re: win32 Unicode support

From: Jordi Mas <jmas_at_softcatala.org>
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 23:41:51 CET

En/na Andy Korvemaker ha escrit:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, "Jordi Mas" <jmas@softcatala.org> said:
>
>>I strongly believe that we should support Windows 98 or Windows ME for a
>>few years. Abiword performs well on old computers and we can not leave
>>these users behind.
>

> What of Windows 95? I realize that not many still use it, but Abiword
> currently runs beautifully on my old Win95 laptop. Win95 seems to have
> less support for unicode than Win98. Would switching to unicode leave
> Win95 users out completely? (How many of us are there, for that matter?
> Probably not too many.)

Abiword nowadays still runs on Win95 but only if you have an update to latest
common controls, most likely a tru a recent version of Internet Explorer.

Microsoft Layer for Unicode supports Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows Me. I
mean, we should still be supporting a decent updated version of Windows 95.

The problem is that we need more people testing Abiword on more Windows and
telling us the problems that they find.

Jordi,

--
Jordi Mas i Hernāndez