Re: two versions of abiword-2.2.3?

From: J.M. Maurer <j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 20:44:36 CET

> The abiword pkgsrc maintainer said that AbiWord 2.2.3 was announced on
> versiontracker.com (for Mac) on January 12th. The 2.2.3 version was
> available via sourceforge on that day.

This was posted before I made an official announcement. Until I announce
it, it can change.

> Please consider bumping version numbers when making changes even if simple
> like diff above.

I know this is more desirable, but we don't always have the spare time
avaailable. Which was the case here.

> Please don't make the same filename available when the content differs.

You can _always_ be certain that a file won't change after we announce
it.

Fortunately, we're moving away from SF now, so we can put a non-public
link up for people to test a newly created release. Therefor, it's very
unlikely that such an issue will happen again.

Sorry for the inconveniece,
  Marc