Re: How hard to import to "&nbsp" entities?

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 11:43:53 CEST

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
> Dear abi && HTML gurus,
> (You know who you are :-)
>
> What are "&nbsp" entities and how how hard would be to make libxml2 stop
> barfing on them and to actually import them?
>
> We could fix 9158 and 9216 if this was fixed.

&nbsp; is a non-breaking space, u00a0. AbiWord handles these fine
internally (they can be inserted by ctrl+shift+spacebar).

The problem is that &nbsp; is not defined in the xml namespace which has
only 5 entities. It is, however, legal in html and xhtml. So perhaps the
problem is in parsing html/xhtml files via an xml parser as if they were
plain xml.

Tomas