AbiWord Development Installer for Windows

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 07:37:02 CEST

Hello all! I have managed to reinstall Windows on my new system here,
and did produce a binary of a tag from a tarball that isn't publicly
linked yet but those who talk a lot know that it's there, available on
my web site at
http://www.cleardefinition.com/oss/abi/abiword-setup-2.3.4.exe
I have tested this binary - it was made with MingW/MSYS on Windows XP
32-bit. If the appropriately-enabled personnel could put it up, I'm
sure our Windows build could use some testing.

(purposely obfuscated that sentence so that I don't end up polluting
Google like I accidentally did prior to another release. this one's
small, but I'm cautious.)

Along these lines, I hope to be able to provide binaries in the future
for Windows. However, I'm having difficulty getting the hang of
building the plugins and their installers. The instructions I found on
KJD's site don't work, and I tried a variety of incantations involving
the "dependencies" on our file server, none of which absolved me of my
build errors. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ryan Pavlik