Re: My Second OpenDocument patch

From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 14:38:54 CEST

Hi Daniel,

I just looked through the patch, and it's pretty good.
However, it is 4500 lines long, which is almost too
big to grok. My comments here are mostly cosmetic and
I just require some explaination of your design
decisions. Thanks.

1) Please don't use setlocale(). Use the
UT_LocaleTransactor class instead.
2) In a few places (at least OD_StartTag), you use
pointer arrays instead of vectors. Why?
2.a) In some of those instances, the data you're
modelling is key=value, with "key" on the even
entries, and "value" on the odd ones. Why did you use
an array instead of a map?
3) You don't need to use "inline" in your header
files. The compiler will inline the function anyway.
But it doesn't look necessary to inline the statements
in the first place.
4) You introduced a class called OD_StartTag for
"performance" reasons. What was hurting the
performance?

I'm sorry for being such a PITA :)

Best,
Dom

--- Daniel d'Andrada Tenório de Carvalho

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs