Re: First itteration of release notes for 2.4

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 14:29:45 CEST

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:

> >> 11. Much
> >> 12. Much
> >> 13. Much
> >

> > I'd leave out the word "Much" as it is a little bit subjective.
> > (Disgruntled user like me will probably get annoyed if their favour bug
> > has not been fixed. It is lashing rain and I'm having a bit of a
> > disgruntled week.)
> >
> > Everything else is a very modest and understated list of what has been
> > achieved.
> >
> > Although you do make fairly clear the grammar checker only marks full
> > sentences as possibly incorrect it might be worth noting this is a work in
> > progress or saying something similar so users do not have unrealistic
> > expectations about what it will do (but I'm sure some users will expect
> > it to be perfect no matter
> > what you do).
> >

> Hmm being modest and understated is not normally what one when marketing I
> think. Maybe we should put some more hype in there?

There is marketing and then there is having to listen to users complaining
how the grammar checker only marks a whole sentence without giving you
much detail on what you might need to change.

You might think things are much improved but if a user thinks the
improvemetns are insignificant they are likely to be annoyed you made
such a big deal out of it.

But if Hype is what you want then have it your way.

- Alan