RE: [Fwd: Re: FYI: link-grammar-4.1.1]

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 10:17:46 CEST

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 22:35 -0600, vijay durairaj wrote:
> Wow, this fixed the same error for me in my linux box... Thanks....
> Now, grammar checking is working fine for me.
>
> Also, is there any option to view suggestions for the lines underlined with
> green squiggles (wrong grammatical sentences)?

HI Vijay,
          Unfortunately not. Link-grammar does not supply these. It
would be a substantial amount of code and knowledge to supply lnk-
grammar with this capability.

If there are any Natural Language experts (or wannabe experts!) out
there please feel free to enable this feature for link-grammar.

In the mean time think of the green squiggles as "places where the
sentence could be wrong".

Finally the link-grammar framework could be used to enable grammar
checking in other Languages. To make this work you basically have to
take a dictionary of valid words and apply the link-grammar markup to
describe how these words can be linked into sentences.

Interested developers and translators should go to the link-grammar
website.

http://bobo.link.cs.cmu.edu/link/