Abi success story

From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 21:35:37 CEST

I got this a few days ago. I'd like to share it with
everyone. Maybe we want to put a few quotes on the
website.

----
From: Paul Joannides <paul@goofyfootpress.com>
To: domlachowicz@gmail.com
Date: Jun 2, 2005 2:14 PM
Subject: thanks for abiword
Dear Dom,
I am an author and publisher. I spend many hours each
day in front of a computer screen (Mac Os). After all
these years of using Nisus Writer and now Nisus
Express, I keep noticing Nisus more than my work. Last
night I learned about AbiWord and I can't thank you
enough. I'm enjoying it greatly in Full Screen Print
Mode with nothing else showing--no boxes, no options,
just a "piece of paper against a gray background" on
my computer screen. It's no different than if it were
sitting on my desk with no computer at all.
All I notice is the "paper" and what I'm putting on
it. I'm not even aware of your software, which is a
huge compliment. It's a really nice feel.
When I need to do anything fancy with the text, I'll
throw it into InDesign, which I use a great deal. What
I dislike are word processors with all sorts of boxes,
drawers, and bars that try to do composing and DTP
work. I know, I'm clearly in the minority, and more
and more people will want your AbiWord to do all kinds
of DTP work. I just hope you'll always keep the option
for people like me to emulate a blank piece of paper
on my desk.
Thanks so much for what is clearly a labor of love on
your part and your fellow code writers.

Yahoo! Mail