Re: Bugzilla keyword for easy fix

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 18:08:13 CET

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 robsta@stereolyzer.net wrote:

> Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:08:39 +0100 (CET)
> From: robsta@stereolyzer.net
> To: abiword-dev@abisource.com
> Subject: Bugzilla keyword for easy fix
>

> Hi,
>

> after we recently talked about the new "gnome-love" keyword in GNOMEs
> bugzilla i checked ours [1] and found out that we don't have as
> similar thing. I think it would be neat to have one and advertise it on
> our developer page to make it easy for new devs to jump in.
>

> [1] http://bugzilla.abisource.com/describekeywords.cgi
>

> What do you think?

It is definately a good idea.
We used to have the Project of the Week or PoW to satisfy the same purpose
of getting new developers started.

Although it takes a little more time for a new developer to do these tasks
than the lead developers just doing it themselves there is never any
shortage of things to be done and it is valuable to bring in new people.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/