RE: Commit: PDF import plugin

From: Leonard Rosenthol <leonardr_at_lazerware.com>
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 12:19:41 CET

> The PDF->TEXT converter tried to reconstruct at least
> the logical text order. I can certainly help produce a
> PDF->RTF converter by stealing liberally from the
> PDF->TEXT converter. The KWord folk would probably be
> interested in it. With a bit of sneaky-ness, it should
> be possible to largely preserve the following:

        Might be easier and quicker to leverage the work at
<http://pdftohtml.sourceforge.net/> to get PDF->HTML (which Abi can also
import) into Poppler and then into our plugin.

        NOTE: the above work at SF is built against and older version of
Xpdf than Poppler uses and would need some care and feeding. But it
wouldn't be extremely difficult.

LDR