Re: commit: Generic Embedded run infrastructure.

From: Jean Bréfort <jean.brefort_at_normalesup.org>
Date: Sat Mar 19 2005 - 13:22:26 CET

Le samedi 19 mars 2005 à 23:02 +1100, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au a
écrit :
> VS: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> CVS: Enter Log. Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
> CVS:
> CVS: Committing in .
> CVS:
> CVS: Modified Files:
> CVS: text/fmt/xp/GNUmakefile.am text/fmt/xp/Makefile
> CVS: text/fmt/xp/fb_LineBreaker.cpp text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.cpp
> CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.h text/fmt/xp/fp_Run.h
> CVS: text/ptbl/xp/pt_PT_InsertObject.cpp
> CVS: text/ptbl/xp/pt_PT_InsertSpan.cpp text/ptbl/xp/pt_Types.h
> CVS: wp/impexp/xp/ie_exp_AbiWord_1.cpp
> CVS: wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp_AbiWord_1.cpp
> CVS: Added Files:
> CVS: text/fmt/xp/fp_EmbedRun.cpp text/fmt/xp/fp_EmbedRun.h
> CVS: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Lots of infrastructure for Generic Embedded runs.
>
> OK anyone (Jean?) interested in working with me to finish this off for a
> useful test-case?

Yes, I am still interested.

> ie Charts for a Gnumeric spreadhseet?

I think we can start with this objective (they are now GOffice charts).
I feel that charts should also be enbeddable in criawips. If part of the
mechanism can be shared between the two applications, it would ne nice.
Shared code could go in GOffice.

> ActiveX objects?

I'm not very competent about ActiveX and don't use win32 anymore if I
have another choice.

> Bonobo Objects?

AFAIK, Bonobo will be soon deprecated, so we should not waste time with
that. We must find another mechanism if we want to embed other apps
stuff in abi (and criawips).