Re: performance Issues.

From: Mark Gilbert <mg_abimail_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 00:35:26 CET

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 15:50 -0500, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> > It's unfortunate, but in TWiki:
> >
> > * a page is called a topic
> > * a directory (folder) is called a web
> >
> > Maybe others I can't recall at the moment. Unfortunately, I vacillate (sp)
> > between using their terminology and avoiding it.
> On more reason to scrap it. Seriously.

And instead of a topic mediawiki calls a page's title the pagename (or
pagenamee) and instead of a web it calls a directory (folder) a
namespace. With all due respect for your incredible coding ability, I
find the above contention laughable.

I have also for some time been seriously disappointed in the gross
levels of insistence on swerving around the "If it ain't broke, don't
fix it" principle, also known as the "If it's fixable, don't waste
valuable coding hours redoing it" principle.

Mons. Kramer is working hard at beautifying and streamlining AbiWord's
coarse twiki setup, and I see no reason to jump to changing
implementations entirely and working to migrate content until his
suggestions and improvements have at least been attempted and/or
addressed.

-MG