commit: Fix lots of Page Break Bugs.

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 11:47:25 CET

CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fb_LineBreaker.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.h src/text/fmt/xp/fp_Line.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View_cmd.cpp
CVS: src/tools/po2str/xp/GNUmakefile.in
Place a new paragraph at the first line following a page or column break.

OK I think this mostly works now but I'm getting some asserts that I need
to track down.

I've changed the operation of "insert pagebreak/columnpage" so that if you
insert a pagebreak at the end of a paragraph it starts a new paragraph at
the beginning of the next page/column.

This makes it possible to start pages with with Heading styles without the
style propagating back to the paragraph on the previous page. It also
means that lists started on the page following a page break get their list
label at the top of the page rather than the on the previous page.

I think this behaviour is much saner. We may have to fix import/export of
documents with page breaks to adjust to this new behaviour.

I would also appreciate people testing this and reporting bug and or
unexpected behaviour.

MS Word has had this bug all the way up to MS Word 2000. I don't know if
they fixed it in following releases.

We slavishly followed their broken behaviour for years.

No more.

Bug 1745 List not created correctly after a page break.
Bug 2782 Page layout error after hard page break.
Bug 6531 styles badly applied around page breaks