Improving the documentation aesthetics

From: Tom von Schwerdtner <tomvons_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 08:47:06 CEST

Hello all,

 Initial run over the style.css is here:

http://people.etria.com/~tvon/AbiHelp/

  It has a few issues and is generally incomplete, but you get the idea.

  And a quick run at improving the general doc-reading experience is
here (basically adding helper images):

http://people.etria.com/~tvon/abihelp-sample/dialogfind.html

  ..which leads to a problem... How should I be adding images to the
documentation? It seems you have to make an educated guess to size
the image so it will come out right in the generated html which is
tedious and time consuming. Is there a better way I'm missing?

  Someone on IRC (I forget who, sorry) sugested that it would be nice
if we could have images for each OS stored in the package and
selected/inserted into the docs when they are generated. I have no
clue how this would be accomplished without manually editing the .abw
files. Anyone have an idea?

Regards,
Tom

--