Re: patch for gr_UnixImage.cpp

From: Luca Padovani <lpadovan_at_cs.unibo.it>
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 16:41:30 CET

Hi Jean,

On 27/nov/05, at 15:49, Jean Bréfort wrote:
> so it can become negative... IMHO, both ascent and descent should be
> changed proportionally when height change.
> This can be done easily in fp_EmbedRun.cpp. Any comment?

I think it depends on the kind of object that is embedded, more
specifically how it is meant to be vertically aligned. For an
embedded chart a solution like "ascent and descent are just half of
the chart's overall height" might work fine, but a math formula does
have a concept of ascent/descent, and those quantities should be
respected for the formula to be aligned correctly with the
surrounding text.

BTW, is this the reason why there's still a mathrun object in the
AbiWord source code?

Cheers,
--luca