RFC: My views on 2.6

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 20:59:32 CEST

Here is the list of item I'd like to push for 2.6:

-dialog framework and refactoring. Can be done progressively and will
reduce tremendously the amount of code to implement the platform code.
The WordCount dialog already does that on UNIX and Mac, and I sort of
plan on installing libwine to try it on Windows with my limited capabalities

-performance: we have serious performance issues. they should be
investigated and addressed.

-tool palette: the tool palette that is currently cocoa specific should
be made XP.

-usability: there are a lot of areas where our usability suck, including
but not limited to stylesheets management. Lot of things need to be
improved and I'm sure that the above refactoring would help us to do so
easier.

That is all I see for now. Feel free to add ideas.

Hub