Re: CVS: commit dom abi/src/wp/impexp/xp ie_mailmerge.cpp

From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 18:53:39 CEST

> Mind that the breakage of 2.4.3 was not a result of
> any of my backport
> actions, or lack of testing.

Also mind that the breakage of 2.4.3 was not a result
of me breaking anything in AbiWord. link-grammar's API
changed (as it should have), and the plugin was not
updated to work with the new API. As the library's
maintainer, I'm not going to correct all of the
downstream apps when API changes. I'm also not the
plugin's author, so fixing the plugin wasn't my
responsibility.

You also didn't want to do the simple step of making
the STABLE plugin require version link-grammar-4.1.4,
which would have been a trivial and correct fix.
link-4.1.4 + AbiWord are tested on Windows, while
link-4.2.1 + AbiWord is not.

All of this could've been avoided if the release
process included something like "make distcheck" on
the plugins before tagging, to make sure that they at
least built.

Bye!
-Dom