Doc Build (HTML Conversion) somehow broken on Windows

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Wed Apr 12 2006 - 22:39:56 CEST

Yes, I know this should be a bug (and it is: 10182). Somewhere between
2.4.2 and 2.4.4, there was a regression such that attempting to build
the docs produced a lot of two-byte files in place of html files (0d0a
in hex, IIRC), and furthermore, the make-abidoc.pl script throws a lot
of errors (file not found, on files that I'm fairly certain exist) on
line 106, and the entire script hasn't been changed in a year. This is
currently holding back the release of a 2.4.4 binary on Windows, since
the installer that is built contains garbage/nothing in place of the
documentation.

Any assistance, whether on list or on the bug, would be greatly
appreciated. Sorry for taking bug talk off of bugzilla, but as
releasing a quality 2.4.4 is a relatively high priority right now, I
thought it prudent to ask for help rather than squander time looking in
the wrong places due to lack of experience in this part of the code.

(RE the commits recently on the docs scripts: those are not used on
Windows: Our binaries stay the same name between minor versions, so the
change is not necessary.)

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

--