ATTN: AbiWord 2.4.4 released!

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Fri Apr 14 2006 - 16:03:41 CEST

AbiWord v2.4.4 Released

After a long wait, the AbiWord team is happy to announce the
availability of AbiWord v2.4.4. This release is a bugfix release only.
For those of you wondering about v2.4.3: it is basically the same as
2.4.4, except for some build issues that were fixed.

The changes from v2.4.2 to v2.4.4 include, amongst others:

  * Substantially updated the OpenDocument import and export filters
  * Lots of tweaks to the Windows interface
  * Various fixes to our Right-to-Left text handling routines

The full Changelog can be found at
http://www.abisource.com/changelogs/2.4.4.phtml

Packages for Windows and Mac OSX are available for download from our
site. Linux versions should be available soon from your favorite
distribution package repository.

Note to Mac OSX users: please aware that the font rendering is still a
work-in-progress. Depending on the fonts used the quality of the
rendering may be sub-optimal. We hope to address this issue as soon as
possible, but since AbiWord is a 100% volunteer effort, we don't give
any timeframe. Help is always appreciated though.

We are very much interested in any bug you may find. Please report these
to http://bugzilla.abisource.com/.

Availability: http://www.abisource.com/download/.

More information: http://www.abisource.com/.

Enjoy!