Windows Builds!

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Fri Dec 22 2006 - 16:42:43 CET

Yes, you heard me right! Those of you who still look at
http://cleardefinition.com/oss/abi/blog/ will notice a new post: Build
Succeeded, CVS HEAD! Thanks to the amazing patches by Sum1 (who
actually fixed the problems) and some minor buttonclicking by me
(turning nightly builds back on mostly :D ), we now have a full set of
nightly builds going for CVS HEAD on Windows. By full set, I mean that
the plugin installers are also building, and with the exception of the
removed plugins (gz, bz2) and WordPerfect for reasons unknown, they all
should work. I've done some basic testing (installing, opening a file,
opening a file with equations) and as far as I can tell all is grooving
in a positive direction. We also have the new development splash screen
I put together - not sure if the globe motif will stay with it or not, I
have a lot of options and ideas for feeling that Tango vibe.
Regardless, enjoy bleeding-edge functionality on Windows! I have an
anecdotal report that an older build of HEAD was apparently
significantly faster than 2.4 (probably due to the updated, shared
libraries), so I'm eager to try it out myself on a machine that's not a
VM in the Netherlands. :)

Again, the URL for the build logger is
http://cleardefinition.com/oss/abi/blog/, with the actual builds
uploaded to http://cleardefinition.com/oss/abi/ (which is linked to from