Re: proposed removal of GR_UnixGraphics and XAP_UnixGnomePrintGraphics

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Thu Dec 28 2006 - 14:48:30 CET

> I would like to remove the old GR_UnixGraphics class from HEAD; it's
> sole purpose is now to be a base class for GR_UnixPangoGraphics, and it
> carries with itself loft of old baggage (like the XAP_UnixFontManager
> and friends).
>
> Furthermore, without GR_UnixGraphics there is no need for the
> XAP_UnixGnomePrintGraphics class, as the relevant parts of it can be
> moved directly into the GR_UnixPangoPrintGraphics class, and we can then
> finally ditch the remnants of the old PostScript driver that the
> XAP_UnixGnomePrintGraphics still depends on.
>
> Attached for review/testing/comments are patches for HEAD abi and
> abiword-plugins to do that.

Hi Tomas,
          I have no objection to the logic of this. However I suggest you
wait til Dom gets back from his holiday before committing this.
I'm almost certain he will agree and cheer you on, but since he
has worked with the gnomeprint class for a long time and
employed it for his recent command-line fixes, we should ask his
opinion.

From me:
How does this patch affect AbiCommand and the xap_UnixNullGraphics class?