Re: Summer of Code Hello

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Sun May 28 2006 - 23:24:24 CEST

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 07:40 +0200, Jauco Noordzij wrote:
> I wrote this mail a few days ago but, due to me arguing with major domo
> about what constitutes a proper e-mail message, It hasn't arrived until now.

Sorry, harsh spam measures :)

> Today I have received the official confirmation that I am accepted for
> this years summer of code. I had already received word from dom (who
> will be my mentor) and he explained that there is a lot of
> communication through the list and irc.

irc is definitly the place to be!

> The next couple of months I will be working on a pdf import plugin
> that will import both the text, the formatting and the structure, like
> headings and columns, into abiword.
> I am really, really excited about this, as it's a project that has been
> slumbering in my head for quite some time now (think years).

We were thinking the same, but no-one felt like trying to implement
it :D

Mind if I add http://jauco.nl/blog/wp-rss2.php to planet.abisource.com ?

> and I might be asking quite some stupid questions on irc the coming
> time since this is my first time working on the abiword codebase ;-)

We love stupid questions. They make us feel like we are all-knowing!

> So: Hi y'all! I'll make sure to live up to the trust you've put in me.

All I can say is: "Happy hacking!", and welcome aboard!

  Marc