Re: CVS: commit msevior abi/src/wp/ap/xp ap_FrameData.h

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 02:41:02 CET

> On 11/25/06, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
> <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> [...]
>> The problem is that FV_View determines whether or not to start in Normal
>> Mode based on a preference. We need to override that in the constructor,
>> without passing another parameter to the constructor.
>>
>> I'll see if I can come up with a different way.
>
> During the initialization of of the python binding an App instance is
> created. Maybe the preference could be set there.
> Check src/pyabiwordmodule.cpp from the pyabiword tarball.

The problem is that we might want to use the widget elsewhere in AbiWord,
which case we don't want to change the preference. I cause I could
remember the current preference, change preference during file load, then
change it back again, but that seemed like a far worse hack than this.

Actually since a frame is always associated with abiwidget, I don't think
it is so bad that it should know whether it was created from abiwidget or
not.

But that reminds me I better make sure to set it to a sane default.

Martin