Re: gtk-np

From: Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Nov 30 2006 - 19:06:55 CET

> True, this is the latest plan:
>
> <object
> type="gtkwidget/*"
> module="gtk-x11-2.0"
> widget="GtkToggleButton"
> gettype="gtk_toggle_button_get_type">
>
> <param name="active" value="true" />
> <param name="label" value="hallo" />
> <param name="xalign" value="1" />
> <param name="yalign" value="1" />
> </object>

I don't think that this is valid HTML, but it may be "good enough" for
your purposes. I'm not sure that these "type" and "module" attributes
be passed to the plugin. My experience writing Netscape-compatible
plugins is fairly limited, granted. It's probably worth examining
whether these arguments get passed to "plugin_funcs->newp" and
probably worth putting in their own namespace if it does work.

> The gettype attribute would be optional, only necessary when we cannot
> infer the registration function from the class name (in this example it
> wouldn't be necessary).

That's exactly what I was going to suggest.

> > I think that we can, since AbiWidget already takes care of this for
> > you. There is one easy way to find out - remove the 4 lines of code
> > from the plugin and see what (if anything) breaks.
>
> Yes, works fine!

Awesome.

Best,

Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.