depending on boost?

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 02:00:50 CEST

Hi,

I would like to know if there were any objection about depending on boost?
AbiCollab already, but I'd love to be able to use it in the main tree.

Several reason:

boost::shared_ptr<>
boost::scoped_ptr<>
boost::numeric_cast<>

That's for starter.

boost::bind would be very much convenient too.

Then using Boost.Test to improve the testing, including for unit
testing... (the current framework is... I plead guilty)

Etc.

Boost works very well on all our platform. It is available in most
distribution as several packages already depend on it.

Anyobdy against?

Hub