Re: depending on boost?

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 18:35:57 CEST

Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> Ryan Pavlik wrote:
>
>> One thing to note is that AbiCollab currently requires it, so I will
>> have to get it working to port that to Win32 (hopefully during SoC)
>> anyway. I'm not sure exactly how boost works (if it compiles in
>> statically, if it's a dll, or what),
>>

> Most of the features don't even require a library. In the one I listed,
> inly the Unit Test framework does. And there is a long way before we use
> it and I could still make it optionnal (unless you build debug builds)
>

> Hub

Ahh, very cool. I have done exactly zero research on it (no time), but
is it fairly well supported in the MinGW environment? I've heard a fair
bit about it, but more as like an extension of std:: rather than an
additional library, so that makes sense :) Hopefully it is a part of
the MinGW/GCC standard library set?

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik