Re: Dialog_Tab...

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sun Apr 08 2007 - 00:15:32 CEST

> Hi,
> I find this dialog very unintuitive:

Yes. I agree . It is a straight copy of the MSWord dialog and I spent a
long time trying to understand how it worked.

> 1. What is Default tab stop? (I think tabs equally distributed with
> this measurement)

I think we need to provide a defined size rather than the number of tab
stops. For example many MS Word A4 documents have default tab stops of
0.5inch even though this makes no sense given the metric definition of A4.

> 2. User-defined Tabs: I have no tabs defined and the dialog tells me
> to 'add' something (I know the default-tab)
> => this is not what I need
> I know at which position I want a tabstop but I cant enter that:

Yes, I agree the current design is unintuative.

> So I cam to an other design... look at attachment.
> (This is a fast design study) I would implement if desired...

Sorry the lack of labels in the glade file makes it very hard to
understand how this works. Could you provide a screen shot with the
labels?

Thanks Michael!

Martin