Re: GSoC07: keep dialogs in libabiword?

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 12:38:36 CEST

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 11:47 +0200, Robert Staudinger wrote:
> Hi Dom,
[snip]
> My counterarguments were that with a sane "model" interface it would
> be comparatively easy to implement dialogs as a libabiword consumer
> and that -- given an existing language binding -- dialogs could be
> implemented in whatever language. Also there's a number of assumptions
> connected to the way modal/non-modal dialogs work, that might lead to
> problems for apps using multiple abiwidget instances. Finally one has
> to start somewhere, I decided that this starting point/project should
> be a nice standalone rich-text widget, and there's of course the
> possibility to create a "libabiwidgets" at some later point in time.

To clarify, I proposed the following on irc:

- a slim libabiword with a sane API (just rob and dom are planning now)
- a libabiword-ui, which contains our current dialogs, and is a consumer
of said API
- an abiword binary which uses libabiword/libabiword-ui

It might be some more work, but in the end I think this satisfies any
need there might be in the real work.

Bye!
  Marc